Thursday, January 22, 2009

... that Che had something to say.

I have always liked the following lines that Che sings in the musical Evita.

"Juan always picks the easy fight
Juan praises fools
Juan smothers light
Juan shifts from left to right
Politics the art of the possible"

It struck me that this is not only politicians but sometimes business people too. I have to say I maybe as guilty as many.

Case in point, this is the 25th anniversary of Apple’s famous Super Bowl advert.

• In 1984 I was at school in Nottingham – so I rather missed the whole thing Mac vs PC thing.
• Between 1984 and 2005 – I worked for IBM, so Apple was generally a bad thing (Microsoft was no friend either), Intel became a partner.
• Between 2005 and 2008 – these are my StorageTek/Sun years. So Microsoft and IBM bad, Apple OK (but mostly because they are not IBM or Microsoft), Intel became a partner.
• From 2008 to today – IBM and Sun friends. Microsoft BFF. Intel – no comment.

Funny to think we need to remember who we work for to fully understand how we feel for someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment